Bits 'n' bobs stuff I'm loving

Sunday, August 22, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

I mentioned in my last post that I haven't posted in a while due to a bad flu, still a bit sick, but finally seeing the light at the end of the sick homebound tunnel. Thought I would share with you a few of my favourite and most wanted things of the moment on my cool love radar- let me know if you like them too :)

Going crazy over Katy Perry 'California Gurls' video clip! It's like a kawaii Willy Wonka land!
Can't wait to get my hands on her Teenage Dreams album that is released on the 27th. Apparently the cover is a scratch 'n' sniff! The pink clouds on the cover are meant to smell of cotton candy, however Perry says it smells more like a My Little Pony....that's OK with me! Speaking of all things smelly nice- Katy is also releasing a perfume too called Purr out in November. Being a huge fan of all things Japan and Hello Kitty, inspired the look of Purr which will come in a cat shaped bottle with jeweled eyes!! Squeal! I cant waits!
Check out some of these kawaii colourful screen shots from Perry's 'California Gurls' music clip I found on her official site.

Russell Brand & Katy Perry would have to be my fave celebrity couple. I wish them all the best for the future. As well as being a fan of Katy Perry, I think Russell Brand is hilarious! Reading his first memoir My Booky Wook, gave me insight into the man behind the comedy mask and all his life struggles- I just wanted to give him a hug after reading it. It's honestly the best autobiography that I have read and Brand really has a smart way with words. So obviously I'm looking forward to the release of his follow-up novel; My Booky Wook 2: This time it's personal out 30th September.
More on books, would like to eventually read Jessica Watson's True Spirit (Hachette Australia). I watched her documenatry on ONEHD and I still don't know how she did it! A true hero.
Fashion bunny Fifi Lapin also has a book coming out titled; What shall I wear today- you can pre-order a copy from her website. Also loving this childrens book A Bad case of Stripes by David Shannon.


A bit late on the uptake I know, but I can't stop listening to Sia! Got a copy of her latest album We are born as well as her past albums; Some people have real problems and Colour the small one. Sia's music is laid back and peacefully meldolic. Just love her crazy colour Crayola scribble covers too!


Getting into Sarah Blasko's As Day follows night album- how cute is her illustrated video clip for No Turning back!


I'm obsessed with the Target We Love Kids ad and song too- does anyone know who sings the song on this ad? I can't find it anywhere! The clip is crazy awesome too with its moving stop-motion quilts and patterns! 'We Love Kids' TV - We Love Kids - Target