Retail Therapy: Paddington, Sydney

Friday, October 01, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-


I had a great shopping day in Paddington before and after the Hello Sandwich and Lox+ Savvy Zine workshop, I even got to go to Paddington markets! I used to work weekends so I never could get the chance to go. So off I went on a lovely shopping day, with a copy of the Paddington Urban Walkabout guide in hand. Here are some of my faves of the day:

Paddington Markets is the place for discovering new designers in fashion, handmade, arts and crafts.
The standout store for me in the designers section was the handcrafted origami paper flowers from Scrunch Design. They also do bouquets for weddings- I wish I knew about them in March when I got married!

I just loved the outside flower display of the Valerie Tolosa fashion boutique!
42 Williams Street, Paddington


I go crazy for bookstores so I loved Ariel Books and Berkelouw Books! Both have heaps of books on design, typography, art, fashion, craft and unique non-fiction reads. I had to stop myself from spending my life savings. I ended up buying a copy of Keri Smith's new book Mess. I love her books as they teach you new ways of looking at and recording life.


I was delighted to see that we had a Monster Threads store in Sydney- I saw my first one in Melbourne.
I'm a big fan of their unique illustrated animal cards, T-shirts, bags and homewares.

I really want to get these coasters!
I love walking down the quite Paddington Streets looking at all the old Victorian houses...and imagine what life would be like living in one :)