Snail Mail

Saturday, April 11, 2015 13 Comments A+ a-



A huge part of my craft making has been dedicated to the art and love of snail mail. I even wrote and designed a zine about it last year called Happy Mail Days.

Given my love for handmade correspondence, I was thrilled to see the love for snail mail being further spread around the globe with the new book release, Snail Mail by Michelle Mackintosh, published by Hardie Grant.

I'm also very excited to say and extremely honoured to have been included in this amazing publication profiled on the 'Pen Pal' pages and also having some of my mail featured on a few pages throughout the book - talk about a dream come true!
 
My profile page talking about my lovely pen pal Ishtar
Not only is the main subject of the book something I have been passionate about from a young age, (having written to pen pals and family around the world as soon as I could write),but because the book has been written and designed by my favourite publishing dream team - Michelle Mackintosh and Hardie Grant Books. Most of my book collection have these two things in common!
Michelle's cat Bronte makes an appearance too! - so kawaii!
 Snail Mail is beautifully designed, each page visually stimulating featuring mail from all over the globe.

Throughout the book, Michelle opens her heart to the reader sharing her personal experiences with snail mail and how handmade correspondence has played a significant role in her life. 

Snail mail is about spreading love through handmade surprises sent by post and Michelle has embraced this concept by setting up a PO BOX that allowed people to submit their mail art to be featured in the book. Snail mail brings a special sense of community through manual correspondence and this feeling has been captured page by page.
My mail featured in Snail Mail top left corner (Purple one with sprinkles)
 
My pink polka dot envelope features fourth from bottom right corner.
A celebration of all things mail and handmade Snail Mail teaches you about the art of handwritten etiquette, samples of famous letters written in time, envelope decorating ideas, templates and the cutest set of stickers to decorated your own mail.

Big thanks to Michelle for featuring me and my mail in your inspiring book - I was also very touched to be mentioned in your thank you letter.
List of people who sent mail to Michelle's PO BOX
 Here are a few more snaps of the book and the lovely decorated package Michelle sent the book to me in.

 
My purple sprinkle envelope makes another appearance - yay!hanging third from the left.
Love, love, love!! Cat Mail!!
Beautiful package decorated by Michelle

Lovely designed card sent by Michelle
My thank you card was sent in the most sweetest stamped envelope. Learn how to make these stamps in the book!

Happy Mail Days to you all!

13 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
April 12, 2015 at 6:22 AM delete

Isn't it great?! Your feature is so wonderful. :)

Reply
avatar
Melissa
AUTHOR
April 15, 2015 at 3:05 PM delete

Hello Jenna! I came to your blog via the Snail Mail book. It arrived today and there's so many beautiful photographs I'm trying to absorb them all. Congratulations on your feature! I look forward to reading more about your blog here.

Reply
avatar
zakkalife
AUTHOR
April 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM delete

This snail mail book looks so cute! Congratulations on the feature.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 8, 2015 at 11:56 PM delete

The snail mail book looks sooo awesomeeee :)
xox,The Lifer Blog

Reply
avatar
May 11, 2015 at 8:31 PM delete

Lovely bu i can't find a link to buy snail Mail. Wish yr links were in ;(
Loving yr blog!

Reply
avatar
Laura Poppy
AUTHOR
May 17, 2015 at 7:35 AM delete

Congratulations! your blog is a source of inspiration, I love it!
Greetings from Colombia

Mushroom Rain Blog

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM delete

Sure is! So happy to see your mail and Canada flag in the book too :)

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM delete

Hi Melissa, oh your comment was lovely to receive your comment - very happy to hear you liked the book. Very honoured to be included in it. Thanks for looking me up after seeing me in the book.

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:47 PM delete

Hi Jessica - thanks so much - great to find another washi tape fan!

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM delete

Thanks Lifer - yes! Every page is a feast for the eyes. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM delete

Thanks for stopping by and your comment about the blog. I have seen the snail mail book in every book shop I go to. So ask your local :)

Reply
avatar
May 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM delete

Aww Thanks so much Laura - just had a look at your blog too! It is wonderful, lots of creative and crafty things :)

Reply
avatar
dish
AUTHOR
November 15, 2016 at 1:42 PM delete

This is so incredibly cute!!

Reply
avatar